Plaid Craft Let down
Everyone who knows me knows I love to craft. That is why I started this blog, so I can share my love of crafting, art and the like, and explore this being the year of crafting dangerously (figuratively, not literally people). Normally I adore plaid crafts (for the non crafters, they make mod podge and the like). But I have found something they have made that is so far below their standard its pitiful. I bought some square frames from my go to normal craft store. I needed some more, and because I was out at Walmart, I saw the Plaid Crafts ones. Awesome, now I dont have to travel to downtown asheville to get them. I bought 7 of them, and they were just a bit cheaper the others. 1st mistake. I get them home, do some minor sanding (which I never had to do with the other ones), and paint them up, and do the detail work.
I decide to put the little dowel rods in them to take a picture for my crafting albums and my future blog post and what happens? They lean terribly far back. I mean WAYYYY back. *que Terror squad's Lean Back music*
So I look up the number to Plaid's customer service thinking I could call them and they would say it was probably a bad couple of products, this wasn't typical. 2nd mistake. No, after giving her the product number, she said that the dowel rod shouldn't be included in there and these are meant to hang on a wall, or prop up against something else? Ummmm a desk frame?? alrighty... She then told me I could take them back to walmart. I seriously doubt walmart would accept them after I had painted and designed them. So she responded with the fact I could mail them to them, for a refund of my money via check, or in exchange for other plaid products. hmmm at my expense putting 7 frames in the mail to get back the price of the frames would be more in postage than my expense of these frames. Seriously?? After I spent all that time working on them, I am just suppose to spend more money and mail them back to you to get my little amount back? No I would rather just deal with it on my own and buy a dowel rod and adjust the length myself thank you. After this I know I will not ever buy another one of their wooden craft products. hmmmm. Well at least if I am going to do frames I know now to drive to Asheville and get them from someone other than the lean back versions. Sometimes it doesn't always pay to get the cheaper version.
I decide to put the little dowel rods in them to take a picture for my crafting albums and my future blog post and what happens? They lean terribly far back. I mean WAYYYY back. *que Terror squad's Lean Back music*
Here is the one from Plaid Crafts.
Here is the one from my normal craft store and the way it should be laying back.
See the difference??
So I look up the number to Plaid's customer service thinking I could call them and they would say it was probably a bad couple of products, this wasn't typical. 2nd mistake. No, after giving her the product number, she said that the dowel rod shouldn't be included in there and these are meant to hang on a wall, or prop up against something else? Ummmm a desk frame?? alrighty... She then told me I could take them back to walmart. I seriously doubt walmart would accept them after I had painted and designed them. So she responded with the fact I could mail them to them, for a refund of my money via check, or in exchange for other plaid products. hmmm at my expense putting 7 frames in the mail to get back the price of the frames would be more in postage than my expense of these frames. Seriously?? After I spent all that time working on them, I am just suppose to spend more money and mail them back to you to get my little amount back? No I would rather just deal with it on my own and buy a dowel rod and adjust the length myself thank you. After this I know I will not ever buy another one of their wooden craft products. hmmmm. Well at least if I am going to do frames I know now to drive to Asheville and get them from someone other than the lean back versions. Sometimes it doesn't always pay to get the cheaper version.
Comments
Post a Comment