sushi anyone?
So the princess has a 4H meeting tonight and the subject of tonight's meeting is Karate. I figured what the heck, I would do snacks this month and of course as much as I try not to be one of those kind of moms, I sometimes end up being what I try not to be. Of course my crafty side tends to take over, and suddenly I must go with a themed snack. I figured since its July, I would try to do a cute cake pop I saw on instagram featured on Michael's.
.jpg)
after a little search I found the blog they came from originally at pint sized baker.
simple enough right??? Wrong..... everything worked fine until I went to melt my white chocolate. I think it was some weird stuff I have left over from Okinawa, and it just didn't work right. It is definately a pinterest fail...... and no I didn't take any pictures of it. It was nightmarish.
So onto my other idea. Candy Sushi.
To make it, you need fruit by the foot, Swedish fish or gummy worms, rice krispy treats, and fruit roll ups.
I prefer to use the green, purple, or blue fruit roll ups because they look better for the "nori".
For Nigiri style,
you slice a rice krispy treat into 3 using a T cut.
You then place a Swedish fish on top,
and wrap it using a piece of foot by the foot.
For Maki type,
you divide a treat in half. You take half and flatten it either by hand or by rolling pin.
Next you can place a piece of a gummy worm, or a piece of a fish inside, and then roll the treat around to form a roll.
For the Nori wrap, you divide a fruit roll up into 3rds
and wrap a third around the roll.
You can then take your hand and form the roll a bit tighter looking until it resembles a sushi roll.
Voila, candy sushi. I took and put two pieces of Nigiri along with two pieces of a roll into a "bento" box for each child and give them a set of chopsticks to eat them with. I decided to also put them on a bed of nerds for the rice, but you can do just about anything. It is all about being creative and having fun.
Comments
Post a Comment