Snozzeberries Cards

I have been crafting on and off lately and just haven't had the time to blog much.  Although lately I haven't had the urge to do a whole lot of crafting.  But I have been working on cards on and off lately. I made these cards inspired from the original willy wonka movie with Gene Wilder, because the Johnny Depp remake is just plain weird.

I started with stamping and coloring the figures from the pure imagination set from Sweet Stamp Shop.  I color them usually with anything from rose art markers, to mepxy markers, or colored pencils or even watercolors.



Then I fussy cut them out with scissors.  Yes, it is a pain in the tookas but I do it all in stages.  Stamp out mulitiples on one day, color on another.  I usually color and cut out while watching T.V. and bag the pieces until time to make the cards.

The next step is to block off the wallpaper stripes, because I of course have to do it in Willy Wonka's office where the snozzeberries wallpaper taste like snozeberries.  DUH!!! ha ha ha.  I, washi to block off the stripes, and color in the solid background on one side of the stripes.  The next step is to cover the solid stripes and start layering the busy wallpaper stripes.  I am using a generic set of stamps I got from michaels in a jar.  I use set of tsukineko dew drop mementos in either the purples set or the green set to layer the background.

After its done, I color the floor in a couple of layers of brown to make it look like wood flooring and put down a washi stripe baseboard.  Then the card base looks like this:



Then comes the assembly part of putting the figures to look like a scene from the movie with the oompa loompas are helping Willy Wonka out with foam tape underneith to add demention, and boom.  There it is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sushi anyone?

Family Fun at Home Depot

valentine's day totes